Re: Question for the candidates

On 3/2/07, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
To all candidates:

<http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php?bydist=etch&ignmerged=on&ignbritney=on&pseudopackages=on>
lists 59 release-critical bugs unfixed in etch, with
<http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php?bydist=both&ignmerged=on&ignbritney=on&pseudopackages=on>
showing that 35 of these are unfixed in either etch or sid.

Several of these are on packages maintained by, or co-maintained by, one of
our DPL candidates.  Some of these bugs have been /submitted/ by a DPL
candidate.

Which release-critical bug will each of you fix in order to convince me to
vote for you? :)

Hi Steve,

Great question, but before fixing, sponsoring or help with yet another
RC bug in Etch. I would like to ask you stop by my Debian QA page[0]
where you can see that i maintain/co-maintain more than 178 packages
and only one of them is RC buggy (in sid, not etch). The bug was
opened to me, to avoid that gnome-tasksel entered etch. gnome-tasksel
was dead, and i adopted it in Debian working on the upstream code
also, but it wasn't good enough to be released.

I would like to tell that I've also organized a BSP[1] early in the
past year during the International Free Software Forum (Brazil), and
it had nothing to do with the DPL campaign. I did it because i wanted
to help with the release earlier and not for publicity in the last
minute. Guilherme sent the announcement since his account was created
a few days before. I asked him to do so. Closing, unfortunately we
lost track of our results since there was some people IRL and some
more on #debian-bugs helping us.

[0] = http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=stratus
[1] = http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/04/msg00012.html

regards,