Re: Questions to the candidates

Hello,

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> writes:
> > So your question is "What about paying people to have first-class support
> > on some of our core infrastructure", is that correct ?
>
> Exactly, thanks for a better wording.

I don't think it's a good idea. You can pay someone to run a service, but
our core infrastructure doesn't only need to run, it also needs to evolve.
In Debian, the people who are running a service are also making it evolve.
If you pay someone (else) to do that, you're going away from this because
the person paid doesn't really care anymore about the evolution.

On the contrary, giving someone the resources required to implement some
evolution is something that can be financed. But that's something else and
I'll have the opportunity to discuss that in response to other questions.

Raphaël Hertzog