Re: One more question to the candidates

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 04:18:05PM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:
> > On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:31:29AM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> >> Forgot to ask this question: In your opinion, what is a good length of
> >> total term for a DPL?
> >
> > I have always thought that a one-year term might be too short, since it
> > does not allow for too much action by the DPL. However, I never felt
> > strongly enough about this to actually take the necessary steps to
> > increase the term.
>
> I was unclear again. I meant, "how many times will you seek
> re-election if you are re-elected?"

Oh, okay. I don't feel it's prudent to comment on that right now; many
things can happen in a year, and even if I do feel that a one-year term
might be too short, fact is that we /do/ have a one-year term now.

Whether I will run next year will highly depend on what Debian looks
like by then. Since I'm not a fortuneteller, I can't know what Debian
will look like one year from now, nor whether I think running then will
be a good idea.

Having said that, I don't think I won't run again next year if I feel
there's something I can do to improve Debian by then.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22