Re: [GR] DD should be allowed to perform binary-only uploads

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:00:28 -0500, Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> said:

>> http://www.beyondintractability.org/essay/trust_building/>
>> Might be a good start. I'm sure Google can find you other things.

        That's a pretty decent essay. I found myself mostly in
 agreement.

>> Implying that the people whom you'd like to trust you are
>> unreasonable probably isn't a good start.

> Great.  I don't trust you to do the right thing as DPL.  I don't
> trust you to do the right thing as ftpmaster.  I don't trust you to
> maintain your packages at an acceptable level.

> I assume you think all of this is irrelevant,

        It is actually pretty relevant to your packages. I do not
 expect you to add co-maintainers to zsh packages whom you do not
 trust.  It is pretty irrelevant to areas you are not responsible
 for.

> just as I think whom you/James/Ryan trust is irrelevant as well.

        That is pretty irrelevant for, say, zsh, yes. But not
 irrelevant for areas they are responsible for.

        manoj

--
One man tells a falsehood, a hundred repeat it as true.