Re: [GR] DD should be allowed to perform binary-only uploads

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 01:24:21AM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > One thing that strikes me is that in all of the emails so far,
> > everyone is ignoring that this whole thing started because Aurelien
> > decided to start autobuilding packages in qemu.
>   That's not what justified the alpha problem afaict, was it ?

TTBOMK, alpha was disabled primarily as a preventative measure against
Aurelien or someone else deciding that the alpha build was taking too long
to come back up and setting up an unofficial autobuilder in the meantime.
That's certainly the reason I didn't remove the check when I first saw
it, and haven't done any investigation of whether either check can be
removed now.

Personally, I don't like either of the checks, but I've seen zero
effort from Aurelian and friends to demonstrate they can be trusted,
and this GR just seems to be continuing the whole adversarial approach,
so as far as I'm concerned the last sentence in [0] still holds...

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/12/msg00154.html