Re: The Debian Maintainers GR

> No, the GR is needed to avoid James using his DSA privileges to revert
> and block the changes and to avoid Joerg using his DAM privileges to
> blacklist anyone who participates in the queue from joining Debian in
> future.

I neither believe that this degree of escalation is necessary nor that
this would be the right path to take if it were.  I can understand the
frustration and desire to push something forward that feels like it's been
stalled despite much discussion, but I don't think that this proposal is
solid enough on its own merits to be the right choice for a major
confrontation (even assuming such a confrontation were needed).

It's unfortunate that several of the major concerns went unheralded and
undiscussed during the discussion period (to the degree that I personally
didn't really understand the complaints, so I'm part of that problem) and
are only now coming up during the vote.  I expect that just adds to the
frustration, justifiably.  I think the idea could be implemented, with
better unification with the NM process, and maybe even be something that
helps provide the benefits we get from sponsorship without the problems
down the road.  But I don't feel comfortable supporting what went to vote.