Re: On the "Debian Maintainers" GR

On Thursday 26 July 2007 16:11, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> [2] The NM process rejects some people who have the technical abilities to
> maintain packages but who are not in sync with the rest of the community.
> I fail to see why we should refuse their technical contribution.

You assess that there are people that can't be DD's because of "not being in
sync" with the rest of the community, but as you probably know the majority
of our community infrastructure, be it lists, channels, events or the BTS is
open to and frequented by many non-DD's. How does being a DD or not
meaningfully restrict the way one can be part of the community? Can you give
some examples maybe how the DM process would help here?

Thijs