Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal, alternative update

Hi aj

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:56:50 pm Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 04:05:57PM +0200, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> > I'd like to offer an alternative gr proposal. I read the whole thread
> > (took me most of the night :( ) and after some discussions on IRC, I come
> > up with this proposal.

> Just a quick note -- the updated DM proposal's finished it's minimum
> discussion at this point by my count, so if there's some way of
> reconciling some of the alternative ideas to get an actual proposal, it
> might be good to get that done so it can be an alternative on the ballot.
Thanks for the note. But I do not really see how to implement my proposal into
yours either :(
We both agree on a different class called the DM and their rights are the
same. The difference is that I connected it with the NM process and this
connection is compulsory, while in yours it isn't necessarily.
Of course, feel free to add all the proposals to the ballot, but there is no
need for you to do that, because you got most of the seconds :) (though it
would be nice to see what the project as a whole wants).
Maybe you have any other suggestions, but I do not see how to merge ours in
the main point (NM process) and I already see the rest as merged.

Cheers
Steffen