Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 10:26:46AM +0200, Joey Schulze wrote:
> > > 5) The intial policy for the use of the Debian Maintainer keyring with the
> > >    Debian archive will be to accept uploads signed by a key in that keyring
> > >    provided:
> > >         * none of the packages are being taken over from other source packages
> > >         * the most recent version of the package uploaded to unstable
> > >           or experimental lists the uploader in the Maintainer: or Uploaders:
> > >           fields (ie, cannot NMU or hijack packages)
> > >         * the usual checks applied to uploads from Debian developers pass
> > I'm missing any mention about taking over arbitrary packages since it
>
> An arbitrary package's most recent upload will not have the person trying
> to take it over listed in the Maintainer: or Uploaders: field.

*ponder*  Was this meant to be the case for the previous package and
not the newly uploaded one?  If so, this should be written down.

> > I still believe that this proposal is flawed and we should address the
> > real issue it secretly tries to solve.
>
> I think the DM level of access is useful even if NM were to be working
> perfectly. Your insinuation that I've got a secret agenda for this is
> offensive and unwarranted.

FWIW, you came up with a secret agenda idea, not me.  Thanks for spitting
at me.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a good idea.