Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 24 June 2007 16:48, Benjamin BAYART wrote:
>> not to go through NM just to upload a fix or two every year.
>
> I find it hard to believe that you cannot find a sponsor to upload a fix
> around twice a year. Have you tried to ask the Debian TeX maintainers for
> this? Or the debian-mentors mailinglist?

I must admit that I might have refused to make an upload of one of the
packages Benjamin suggested, even if he sent it to the mailing lists,
for a combination of a couple of reasons:

- I don't know him (yet), so I wouldn't have trusted his patch and
  packaging, but instead would have to look closely at the package just
  as if I was doing the NMU myself

- I currently have the feeling that we shouldn't keep old TeX-related,
  hardly maintained packages alive, but instead either kick them out or
  integrate them into TeX Live

- I don't have much time frequently

Regards, Frank

--