Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

On Sunday 24 June 2007 16:48, Benjamin BAYART wrote:
> not to go through NM just to upload a fix or two every year.

I find it hard to believe that you cannot find a sponsor to upload a fix
around twice a year. Have you tried to ask the Debian TeX maintainers for
this? Or the debian-mentors mailinglist?

Note: I'm not here to denounce your contributions in any way. I'm just trying
to collect information to see whether we would really need this new
procedure. If it is because you'd want to upload twice a year, I do not think
that this would warrant the new procedure but could be handled by existing
procedures. Just like I will probably not give someone commit access to my
project if he intends submits a patch twice a year. It's not related to
quality, but to the amount of extra procedural overhead we introduce in the
project

Thijs