Re: GR idea related to ongoing licensing discussions

> On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 12:09:27PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> For example, for the "desert island test" and part of the "dissident
>> test", what about a GR with the following two ballot options:

> I'd like to see these tests (and others, such as the venue-clause)
> explained and compared to existing licenses (these are some practical
> effects the principles have; these are licenses it affects) first,
> personally. Pages on a wiki or something, if that doesn't sound too
> Samuel L. Jackson.

Yes, I think that would be helpful too.

Just to be clear, if people feel like this is a good idea going forward, I
personally would like to see the people who are applying these tests step
up and do this, in part for practical reasons (I'm not a debian-legal
regular and haven't analyzed nearly as many licenses as people who are).

In other words, I'm not volunteering to take this ball and run with it so
much as throwing out an idea that I think would improve the project
(coming to a firm conclusion on these rules one way or the other) if we
could manage to do it collectively.