Re: GR idea related to ongoing licensing discussions

rra@debian.org wrote:

>I start with those two because they're the least controversial and have
>been part of license analysis for long enough that they're in various FAQs
>and in the Wikipedia article on the DFSG, but neither are explicitly
>stated in the existing guidelines and there's always some low-level
>controversy over whether the existing terms really do imply them.
No, I think there is still high controversy over these criteria, which
appeal mostly the DFSG-revisionsts which a few years ago colonized
debian-legal. I do not believe that they are currently being used by the
ftpmasters, who are the people who actually decide what is DFSG-free or
not.

Are you really looking for more issues over which developers could be
divided?

--
ciao,
Marco