Re: Questions to the candidates

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 12:32:03PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> QUESTION 2:
> Firstly, several candidates have not worn any comparable hat AFAIK,
> so how could I decide whether they would use a DPL hat wisely?

I'm not sure you can. Personally, I'd rather see us establish a habit
of having people assisting in leadership roles before getting thrown in
the deep-end as DPL.

> So, I would like to ask all candidates: what sides of your personality
> will you try to show more or less if elected as DPL?

As representative of Debian, I think the DPL should try to promote a
few attributes:

     * commitment to good technology

     * commitment to free software

     * cooperation with others

     * ability to actually get things done

The latter of which, to me, implies (among other things):

     * a willingness to push the edge

     * ability to accept imperfection and to compromise

Cheers,
aj