Re: Questions to the candidates

Hi,

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 12:32:03PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > QUESTION 1:
> >
> > Some DDs expressed those views and some candidates seem to be interpreting
> > this as a general debian money-hate or business-hate.   What evidence
> > is there that such views are either common or insurmountable?
> >
> > As a consequence, I disagree with the conclusions at the moment.
>
> I disagree with the premise that Debian in general hates either money or
> business; consequently, I too disagree with that conclusion.

Same for me.

> > QUESTION 2:
> [...]
> > So, I would like to ask all candidates: what sides of your personality
> > will you try to show more or less if elected as DPL?

What sides have you identified in my personality? :-)

More seriously, while I'm not 100% happy with how the python transition
got handled, it's a good example of a difficult topic with two major
opponents that were blocking each other.

I jumped in and wrote parts of the missing code, discussed with both sides
what is acceptable and got the whole process moving again. I've been
thanked, I've been criticized, I've made difficult decisions (NMU
debhelper), I've made errors but I always tried to push for the best and
in the end we have gone forward.

Raphaël Hertzog