Re: Questions Regarding Delegates

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > No. Delegating oneself could theoretically be used to create loopholes
> > > so that a future DPL has no power anymore. Continuing an
> > > already-existing delegation could not.
> >
> > Ack.
>
>    NACK. Please explain what loopholes you may be referring to, because
> if delegating oneself can create such a loophole, then surely delegating
> one's very close friend can have exactly the same effect.

Probably. But what is the purpose of not being able to delegate to
the DPL then? I doubt it was added just to make sure that people
understand that delegation means sharing power with someone else.

I certainly value the fact that the DPL is an actor of Debian and already
has responsibilities. So my answer is still "no" even if the justification
may be something else.

Raphaël Hertzog