Re: [GR] DD should be allowed to perform binary-only uploads

Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 03:27:25PM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> > The error rate on requeue requests that reach me is significant, even from
>> > people who are well-informed and involved in the process (e.g., fellow
>> > release-team members).
[...]
>> I can name you the reasons why I don't have much of a clue about this (I
>> think):
>>
>> - it wasn't part of the NM T&S process, IIRC; all the technical details
>>   of testing propagation, freeze/unblock/, and general release team work
>>   were a bit meager maybe.
>
> In the NM process, you're not expected to learn about everything in
> Debian.  It's about what you as a normal DD need to know.

Exactly.  Steve remarked that normal DDs (and even "super-normal" DDs)
have no clue about this, and I think that what you need to know to pass
T&S is about what you can expect from normal DDs.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)