Re: [GR] DD should be allowed to perform binary-only uploads

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:

> * Manoj Srivastava (srivasta@debian.org) [070210 04:44]:
>>  However, a buildd
>>  operator using qemu is not responsible for bugs filed on the packages
>>  created on his set up -- He is not performing an NMU.
>
> I disagree on this statement. If I e.g. upload an package to unstable
> linking to an experimental version of a library it is certainly my
> responsibility to fix it, independend whether I uploaded that package
> together with the source or not.

ACK.  Additionally, I got the feeling at times that the buildd admins do
not take enough of responsibility with the packages they build: If
something goes wrong, either because builds fail, or because packages
don't work on some architectures, or (a combination) builds fail because
always the same package on that arch doesn't behave well on their
buildd, I think the buildd admins should feel responsible.  And help
debugging at least when asked.  My experience with that is very bad.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)