Re: [GR] DD should be allowed to perform binary-only uploads

On Friday 09 February 2007 17:02, Stephen Gran wrote:
> I am sure qemu is very good at what it does, but I do not have faith
> that it can stand in for a real CPU in all the corner cases.  If
> Aurelien builds a java package that had previously FTBFS'd, do we have
> any guarantee that it will build natively?  How is the security team
> supposed to support that?

On the other hand, I can *currently* upload my own packages as src+bin with
a binary I built inside qemu and no one would ever be the wiser.

I don't see much difference in that respect, unless you are arguing for
src+bin uploads with sources autorebuild on *all* architectures (which
incidentally, I believe I would be all for).

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>