Re: GR proposal - Restricted-media amendments to the DFSG

On 6 Apr 2006, Sam Hocevar stated:

> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006, Andreas Barth wrote:
>
>> What's that for, now? Obviously the majority (and also the
>> secretary) wasn't the opinion the DFSG needs to be changed. Could
>> you please just accept the decision being done, and can we go back
>> to work?
>
> Well since obviously the majority was of the opinion that the above
> two additions were compliant with the DFSG, it strikes me as obvious
> that the DFSG need clarification for those who did not exactly
> understand them that way. Just for consistency, you know.

        Rubbish. The opinion I have seen bandied around is that the
 two issues are a problem with the GFDL, and have been acknowledged as
 such by the FSF, and are going to be fixed real soon now
 ™. Pragmatically, it does not make sense to remove documentation that
 only has these issues, only to turn around and move them back in.

        The GR sounds more like a sore loser GR.

        manoj
--
I have seen the future and it is just like the present, only
longer. Kehlog Albran, "The Profit"