Re: A clarification for my interpretation of GFDL [was: Anton's amendment]

Stephen Gran wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, MJ Ray said:
> > The current opinion of FSF, at least. In the past, RMS has
> > worked against advertising clauses far less obnoxious than
> > the FDL ones. [...]
>
> Er, we consider the 4 clause BSD license a free license.

I know. Did you just not read "far less obnoxious" in my post?

> By comparing
> the FDL and the 4 clause BSD license this way, you are making me think
> that either you didn't know the 4 clause BSD license is considered free,
> or you think the FDL is as well.

If so, you are making me think your logical faculties are buggy.

> Again, the FSF's opinion doesn't matter here.

Not directly, but it does to some DDs (including me), and can influence
the vote. Happily, not calling the FDL a free software licence is not
contradicting FSF and is far less zealous than a past FSF campaign.
It's a difference of opinion about manuals, not a fundamental break.

--
MJR/slef