Re: Anton's amendment

On 2/1/06, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>         Could some one tell me why including the invariant sections of
>  a GFDL licensed work in main would not require us to modify the DFSG
>  or the social contract?

I think it's clear that the DFSG would have to be modified.

If nothing else, the DFSG's "may restrict ... _only_" clause does not
allow include this case, because patches which would change
invariant sections at build time are not allowed.

More literally, the answer to your question seems to be:
"No, not meaningfully."

On the other hand, we've had strong majorities for good suggestions
in the past.  So "DFSG would have to be modified" should not
be considered an obstacle -- we just have a somewhat stiffer
requirement that the idea be a good one.

--
Raul