Re: Anton's amendment

"Wesley J. Landaker" <wjl@icecavern.net> writes:

> I'm seriously asking, because I don't see it either permitting OR limiting;
> it just says modifiablility. You read it assume it means that no limits are
> allowed. Someone else reads it and assumes that it means some limits are
> okay.

How does that someone else determine *which* limits are ok?  After
all, their position is that the GFDL permits some limits but not
others.

And yet, nobody has presented their interpretation.  So far, only one
interpretation has been given: the DFSG permits whatever modifications
the user wishes.  (Or, alternatively, it permits whatever changes are
deemed useful by the user, and the user is the judge of what is a
useful change.)  If there is another interpretation, it's time to give
it, rather than just saying vaguely that it must be there.

And certainly, the given amendment does not even pretend to issue
any interpretation.

Thomas