Re: Anton's amendment

Yavor Doganov <yavor@doganov.org> writes:

> It is not an unbelievable conclusion.  If I include your personal
> position about, let's say, software freedom in my documentation under
> GFDL, I have to put it in an Invariant section, otherwise people would
> be able to change/twist your words and turn it into something
> completely different.  That is the whole purpose of these sections, if
> they were not invariant, it wouldn't make sense at all.

Wouldn't it be suitable simple to say "if you change this, you must
say that you did change it and when"?  This would avoid this problem
entirely.  It is, in fact, the requirement of the GPL.

Also, your case, even if it worked (which it doesn't) cannot explain
why invariant sections must be unremovable.

Thomas