Minimum standard of decency, was: Amendment: GFDL is compatible with DFSG

Roger Leigh
> I think that this behaviour, as well as that on other lists in the
> recent past, is making it increasingly necessary that we introduce
> some way of enforcing a minimum standard of decency on our lists. [...]

You pillory[1] a man over his -private beliefs about death[2]
to the point where he recoils from the project[3], don't answer
off-list mail about it and then have the nerve to lecture about
"a minimum standard of decency"? Breathtaking.

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/01/msg00954.html
2. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/01/msg00968.html
3. http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/01/msg00073.html

Nevertheless, Craig Sanders's colourful rants break the lists code
of conduct far more clearly than posting satire to -devel-announce.
Where are the winged angels of vengence? But then, the d-d-a ban
didn't look like it was about enforcing the list codes anyway.

--
MJR/slef