Re: GPG key problem with new vote keys

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:17:25 -0500, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> said:

> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 12:25:42PM +0200, Toni Mueller wrote:
>> I'm using mutt and gpg 1.4.5, but have severe problems using the
>> vote keys.  First, I do something like 'Ctrl-K' to import the
>> key. This sometimes gives me a message like 'processed: 0,
>> imported: 1'. When I then try to use a key like
>> "gr_affirm@vote.debian.org", gpg tells me that it doesn't find such
>> a key. Any ideas about what that could be?  Other keys seem to work
>> fine...

> The purpose of the vote keys is to provide you the means of
> verifying the authenticity of replies to your vote.  TTBOMK, devotee
> still does not support encrypted ballots (with no plans to change
> this), so no encryption keypair is generated.

        Err, we have supported encryupted ballots for over an year
 now, actually.  2005-04-04,

        And I did think I generated both a signing key and an
 encryption key.
__> gpg --with-colons --list-keys gr_affirm
pub:-:1024:17:1A3A2164B11223B4:2006-10-05:2006-10-26::-:Affirm the DPL vote key (Ephemeral Key) <gr_affirm@vote.debian.org>::scESC:

        Does seem like the encryption key is present.

When you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut.