Re: [AMENDMENT]: Release Etch now, with source-less but legal and freely licensed firmware

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 05:04:32PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> I don't think it's worth further delaying this vote to include this
> position statement; as per [0] the minimum discussion period for Manoj's
> amendment as accepted by Frederik [1] ended 4th Oct 2006 19:53:58 UTC,
> which is about 11 hours ago; so we could get on with calling for a vote
> and have this over and done with in a little over a week if the proposers
> and seconders are willing.

Given the latest accepted draft this seems to leave us without a clear
statement regarding the tg3 and typhoon firmware blobs, which are relevant
to the installer and do not have a license permitting modification.

Though if the Project passes that GR rather than attempting to twiddle the
language further to explicitly cover those two blobs, I'm probably willing
to go out on a limb as RM and allow their inclusion in main for etch along
with the others.