Re: [AMENDMENT]: Release Etch now, with source-less but legal and freely licensed firmware

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 10:08:40AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Indeed, so we need to strip those GPLed firmwares ?

I'm not going to repeat myself on that again.

> > I don't think it's worth further delaying this vote to include this
> Anthony, this is a strong breach of thrust. When you asked me to delay my
> original call for vote, it was to achieve a consensual proposal, [...]

> I don't think so, it is my understanding that Manoj's amendment has not
> reached enough seconds for the vote to go on.

Frederik's proposal as amended by Manoj has been seconded by:

    Steve Langasek <20060927222506.GE4738@mauritius.dodds.net>
    Bill Allombert <20060927202918.GE19012@seventeen>
    Bastian Blank <20060927203044.GA19673@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org>
    Frank Kuster <864pusie01.fsf@alhambra.kuesterei.ch>
    MJ Ray <451b7e4d.bUn+UlcpS2SzP0kB%mjr@phonecoop.coop>
    Anibal Monsalve Salazar <20060928234427.GA7578@debianrules.debiancolombia.org>
    Daniel Ruoso <1159523955.6103.9.camel@localhost>

Depending on whether Manoj or Frederik is considered the proposer,
Frederik might also count as a second, but only five are needed, and
there are seven above.

>   5. We further note that some of these firmware do not have proper license,

Again, no, Debian is not distributing anything we're not confident we
have a valid license to distribute. And no, "confident" doesn't mean
"certain beyond all possible doubt" -- it means we make a good faith
attempt to comply with the stated wishes of the rights holders.

Cheers,
aj