Re: Summary? (Or: my vote is for sale!)

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 22:03:11 +0200, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> said:

> On Monday 02 October 2006 21:36, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
>> About the "my vote is on sale" bit: I sell my vote against such a
>> summary. Meaning: If I am satisfied by the summary I will vote how
>> I think best. Otherwise, I don't intend to vote.  I might be biased
>> towards what kernel/installer/release team members think, because I
>> assume there is a bigger likelihood that such a decision will
>> actually be followed by action.

> As you seem to value the opinion of an installer team member, let me
> give you my personal vote: "Further discussion".

> For the reasons, see:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2006/09/msg00531.html

> You may wonder why I have not pushed that amendment harder. Main
> reason is that I was totally disgusted with the way the secretary
> felt it necessary to marginalize the amendment by declaring it a
> separate ballot before even a single other person had the
> opportunity to comment on it.

        Firstly, why is a general resolution marginalized because we
 are going to vote on it on its own? This is mystifying.

        As to the timing, I thought that letting people know about the
 standing of the resolution early was a service -- and I fail to see
 why delaying the announcement while other people commented would have
 made a difference.

        Either the resolution is valid, and needs to be voted upon, or
 it is not. If you do not think we need to vote on it, please withraw
 that resolution.

        manoj
--
An editor is one who separates the wheat from the chaff and prints the
chaff. Adlai Stevenson