Re: [AMENDMENT] Now is not the time to decide on firmware issue

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 06:18:37PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> The Debian Project:
>    (a) Affirms that the project strives for and encourages 100 percent
>        free software, including the availability of source for all types
>        of files.

So, we "strive for 100% free software", whatever software might mean
in this case.  But then you say there needs to be source available
for all types of files, which would include things like firmware,
logos, images.  So, this part seem to be about the same as Don's
proposol?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this part?

>    (b) Resolves that the project needs more time before a decision can be
>        made on how sourceless firmware or other types of files (such as,
>        but not limited to, logos, images and video) are to be dealt with.

But here you seem to be saying the opposite, and that we need "further
discussion" for some of those types of files.

I'm lost at what you're trying to do with this.

Kurt