Re: Proposal: Recall the Project Leader

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006, Denis Barbier wrote:
> My proposal was intended to be straightforward, to answer a simple
> question: "whether the [Dunc] organisation can be sufficiently
> "outside" of Debian when the DPL is intimately involved."
> It obviously failed, many people got it wrong.

 Obviously, some people jumped on the occasion because they dislike aj.

> But I do not understand why people keep writing proposals by mixing
> different items, some of them being divisive.  For instance, your
> proposal embeds several statements:
>   a. Debian supports its DPL.
>   b. Debian blesses the Dunc project.
>   c. Debian and Dunc are two distinct bodies.

 My proposal was mostly targetted at killing yours.  :)

 Youe wrong with b., I never said Debian blesses Dunc.  I said "The
 Debian Project does not object to the experiment named "Dunc-Tank"" and
 "The Debian Project wishes success to projects funding Debian or
 helping towards the release of Etch.", which is something which was
 meant to be as consensual as "we wish nice things to people wanting
 nice thinkgs for Debian", but it seems to have failed.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>