Re: Proposal: Recall the Project Leader

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006, Denis Barbier wrote:
> Now, if you strip your counter-proposal down to
>   The Dunc project is not the result of a decision of the Debian Project
> I will second it and withdraw my proposal.

 While I could do this, our voting system makes it ok to have very
 similar propositions in the same ballot, so there's no problem in
 adding a new proposal similar to mine.  If you want, I can propose a
 second proposal, I don't think there's any problem with me sending two
 proposals.  However, I think it would much simpler if you would simply
 withdraw your proposal and propose the stripped text instead.

 The rest is just FYI.

> This is where our opinions diverge, see for instance
>    http://www.dunc-tank.org/about/board.html

 Let me quote <http://www.dunc-tank.org/about.html>:
    Dunc directly supports work on Debian, and is made up of a small
    group of people who use Debian and who want to see Debian improve.
    But Dunc is not endorsed by Debian, and Debian does not exercise any
    control over how Dunc operates.

 And <http://www.dunc-tank.org/press.html>:
    Dunc-Tank.org is an independent group of developers, users and
    supporters of Debian.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>