Re: Proposal: Recall the Project Leader

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 12:45:59PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > Now, if you strip your counter-proposal down to
> >   The Dunc project is not the result of a decision of the Debian Project
> > I will second it and withdraw my proposal.
>
>  While I could do this, our voting system makes it ok to have very
>  similar propositions in the same ballot, so there's no problem in
>  adding a new proposal similar to mine.

My proposal was intended to be straightforward, to answer a simple
question: "whether the [Dunc] organisation can be sufficiently
"outside" of Debian when the DPL is intimately involved."
It obviously failed, many people got it wrong.

But I do not understand why people keep writing proposals by mixing
different items, some of them being divisive.  For instance, your
proposal embeds several statements:
  a. Debian supports its DPL.
  b. Debian blesses the Dunc project.
  c. Debian and Dunc are two distinct bodies.

In my proposal, I deliberately avoided to say anything in favor of
or against Dunc, because we gain nothing with such a statement.
If it fails, this will also become a Debian failure,  If it succeeds,
well, this will also be good for Debian.

>  If you want, I can propose a second proposal, I don't think there's
>  any problem with me sending two proposals.  However, I think it would
>  much simpler if you would simply withdraw your proposal and propose
>  the stripped text instead.

It has a better chance of success if it is proposed by someone who is
seen as supporting this experiment.  Given the heated reactions, I
doubt that I am the adequate person.

Denis