Re: Various proposals related to source-less material in the kernel

On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 04:37:44PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> [Sent this only to Manoj when I meant to send it to the list; resending.]
>
> On Sat, 09 Sep 2006, Debian Project Secretary wrote:
> >         I am afraid I am beginning to lose track of the various
> >  proposals that have been brought forth to address how to handle the
> >  issue of source less material in the kernel sources. Could the
> >  proponents of the various proposals submit a summary, including the
> >  formal text of the GR, the seconds supporting it (possibly with the
> >  dates of the mail seconding the proposal, to help track down the
> >  signatures), and the one line summary they would like to see on the
> >  ballot?
>
> This is basically what I have;[1] I wrote this up because I'm trying
> to think of a good way to combine 3 and 4, ideally as another option
> to #2, since I think that's what they're getting at... but for now:

Thanks Don for getting this done.

> 3. Exception for etch firmware
>  Seconds:
>   martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> <20060830212041.GA21137@piper.madduck.net>
>   Bas Zoetekouw <bas@debian.org> <20060830213804.GA15150@zoetekouw.net>
>   Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> <20060830213946.GA8001@powerlinux.fr>
>   Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> <20060830214257.GA24721@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org>
>   "Sylvain Le Gall" <sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org> <20060830225622.GA9250@grand>
>   Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> <20060831075011.GA8362@viaza>
>   Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com> <1157013688.5311.15.camel@localhost>
>   "Guilherme de S. Pastore" <gpastore@debian.org> <1157066431.5763.69.camel@localhost.localdomain>

Well, the current aim, was to consider this, not as an amendment to Steve's
proposal, but as a separate vote all by itself, and it would be best if it was
voted on before the other issue, if all agree on this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther