Re: Proposal - Amendment - allow hardware support from non-free into the debian system

MJ Ray wrote:
> So, the full position statement proposed is:
>
> THE DEBIAN PROJECT:
>         1. reaffirms its dedication to providing a 100% free system to
> our users according to our Social Contract and the DFSG; and
>         2. encourages licensors of all works to make those works
> available not only under licenses that permit modification, but also in
> forms that make such modifications practical; and
>         3. as a special exception to help users who have vital hardware
> without free software drivers yet, the Debian system and official CD
> images may include hardware-support packages from the admin section of
> the non-free archive area which conform to all Debian Free Software
> Guidelines except guideline 2 (Source Code), or an archive section/area
> with equivalent requirements.

Sounds great.  It still has very little effect as long as we have no
official position on the distribution of *mislicensed* code.  But it
sounds great.

I'd second, but I'm waiting for DAM approval.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...