Re: Firmware & Social Contract: GR proposal
On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 10:18:25AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Josselin Mouette <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > Le mardi 05 septembre 2006 à 19:07 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG a écrit :
> >> For me the key question is whether the d-i team is actually doing the
> >> work or not. Are they? If the answer is "yes", then I might vote for
> >> a delay. If the answer is "no", then I see no reason that a delay
> >> will change things.
> > As Joey's analysis shows, this would lead to a delay of at least 6
> > months. Given that we're already frozen, I don't think this is something
> > we can afford if we want etch to be consistent.
> My question is this:
> If we make the exception, will the d-i team start the work, or
> instead, will we simply be here again in eighteen months?
The work already started, and furthermore everyone (well everyone but me) is
free to join the d-i team to help out with it, the same goes for the kernel
team and other related subprojects.
It is not like we where dealing in closed source software, you know :)