Re: kernel firmwares: GR proposal

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> I am entirely happy for the d-i team to never do the work.  But that
> does not mean that the kernel team should therefore be allowed to go
> ahead and ship non-free programs in their packages.

That's something different than what you said in your original message,
which was about using a stick to get developers to do work.  I don't agree
with that way of looking at it.

The above is less objectionable and comes down to a question of whether
we, as a project, want to try to solve this problem for etch, postpone it,
or not solve it at all, with the understanding that postponing it has so
far not resulted in a solution later.  I think you've made it clear what
side you're on.

But please, let's not talk about trying to force developers to work on
particular projects.