Re: Proposal - Amendment - allow hardware support from non-free into the debian system

MJ Ray wrote:
> Apart from maybe possibly getting the wrong section, I think all of those
> so-called 'serious flaws' are based on misreading the proposal.

It certianly seems to be based on us having different defintions of
terms including "the Debian system" and "drivers".

AIUI, I would word your proposal something like this:

3. as a special exception to help users who have vital hardware
   without free firmware, the Debian installation media images may
   include selected firmware from non-free archive, which conforms to
   all Debian Free Software Guidelines except guideline 2 (Source Code).

--
see shy jo