Re: Constitutional Amendment GR: Handling assets for the project

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 02:44:50PM +0100, Matthew Woodcraft wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote:
> >On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 04:11:02PM +0100, Matthew Woodcraft wrote:
> >> Would this GR be conducted by the outgoing secretary? If the reason for
> >> the disagreement is that the secretary has lost the confidence of a
> >> significant number of developers, that rule could make a bad situation
> >> worse.
> It might not be so simple, if for example the dispute was over who was
> eligible to vote.

The secretary doesn't determine who is eligible to vote, DAM does. Votes
are authenticated by valid gpg keys, which are provided by keyring-maint.

> I'm sure Debian would muddle through. On the other hand, one of the
> purposes of a written constitution is to be as helpful as possible in
> just such 'crises'.

Yeah. I'm not sure it's even possible to solve every potential
constitutional crisis though.

Cheers,
aj