Re: Constitutional Amendment GR: Handling assets for the project

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 04:11:02PM +0100, Matthew Woodcraft wrote:
> Changes for the current draft:
> > + In case the DPL and ex-secretary can't agree on an candidate for new
> >   secretary, the decision is made by the developers in a GR, and not by
> >   the SPI board.
> Would this GR be conducted by the outgoing secretary? If the reason for
> the disagreement is that the secretary has lost the confidence of a
> significant number of developers, that rule could make a bad situation
> worse.

The DPL can authorise other developers to check the secretary's work --
this has happened in the past after, iirc, the 2002 DPL election. For
public votes, all the data can be published after the fact, rendering
the secretary powerless to influence the outcome at all.

So even if that did happen (which I don't think's likely), I think the
project could work around it satisfactorily anyway.

Cheers,
aj