Re: Proposal: Apologize for releasing etch with sourceless/non-free firmware

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 01:16:28PM -0700, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 07:54:59PM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > I'd add something to say that this is *really* the last time we postpone
> > the fixing of the issue and that no further GR should change that.
>
> Why?  That can't possibly be binding?

Why? Because there was one GR before sarge for the exact same thing
saying we would postpone the requirement for etch. Now that etch is
supposed to be released, you want to postpone until etch+1. The thing
is that at that pace, it will never be fixed.
Either we make a binding promise that we *will* fix the issue for the
next release, or we just change the social contract to fit the fact
we're not going to fix it. Oh wait, the SC just got changed the other
way around. Well, then, let's keep the promises and stop postponing.

Mike