Re: DPL Debate transcripts in preparation

On 18 Mar 2006, Thaddeus H. Black stated:

> I wrote:
>> MJ Ray and I are preparing DPL Debate transcripts
>> now.  I am de-interleaving the fine chaos of the
>> Debate's Part III free-for-all line by line, producing a
>> coherently readable semantical transcript.
> I have just seen the color-coded DPL Debate log Manoj
> has posted [1].  It looks better than the transcript I
> was working on; and with the colors, it's probably just
> about as readable.  I had had the Part III transcript
> about 50 percent de-interleaved.  Does anyone object if
> I abandon the de-interleaving now?  It is time-consuming
> and I am not sure that we need it.  The colored log does
> the job, I think.

        For the record, the transcript was created by MJ Ray using
 irc2html.scm, which he also wrote.  It would be really nice if this
 was packaged for Debian.

... Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror,
and you would not have been informed.