Re: QFAC - SPI

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 10:02:37PM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
>I admit I haven't read the platforms as thoroughly as I should've, so
>forgive if it was covered...
>
>IIRC nobody talked about SPI in their platform.  Is SPI important for
>Debian?  What is Debian's current relationship with SPI, and should it be
>different?

SPI is very important to Debian: it's responsible for holding Debian's
trademarks and money in the US. Most of the SPI board are Debian
people, and a large number of DDs are SPI contributing members.

Despite that, in my experience SPI tends to be almost dormant. That
makes it difficult for most Debian people to have much enthusiasm or
interest in the relationship. Most of us are already busy enough doing
work directly for Debian that SPI doesn't really get much attention.

Should the relationship be different? I'm not sure. Debian seems to be
getting along just fine in this respect, and IMHO it's not clear that
we'd benefit from more interest in SPI.

Is there anybody out there?