Re: Ted replies to Martin (Re: Questions to candidates Towns and van Wolffelaar: debian-volatile)

On 03/12/2006 06:09 PM, Ted Walther wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 10:22:54PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
>> (all other candidates feel free to answer the questions as well.)
>> 1.) What is your opinion regarding the current status of
>> debian-volatile?
> I just looked it up today.  I like the concept a lot.

	Nice. :-)

>> 3.) What do you think about including a volatile section into the main
>> debian archive? (How) can this still be handled by the current volatile
>> team?
> Who is on the current volatile team?

> They will definitely need to be
> Debian Developers.

	With that in mind, you have just "kicked me off" the Volatile Team.

	BTW, I do not have access to all Debian Volatile information,
wchi means, some security sensitive information I will only have access
with the rest of the people, but I'm part of the team, and so far, the
only non-DD.

> I am not sure what criteria is used when deciding
> that even a DD is "trustworthy" enough to become an ftp-master, so I
> suspect there may be some problems there.  The ftp team is fairly hidden
> from the project at large; the only way volatile can go in is by talking
> to them and figuring out how to make it happen without creating any
> security issues.
> As DPL, I would like to set up a meeting between the ftp team and the
> volatile team to see what it would take.
> Ted

	Hmmm... Volatile try to interact with lots of teams to find good
solutions, but I should add that Stable Release is also very important.

	Kind regards,

- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)