Re: Question for all candidates: handle debian-admin more openly

Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 10:56:57PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > Now my question:
> >
> > 1.) Do you think it would be a good idea to handle debian-admin more
> >     openly?
> >
> > 2.) Would you encourage debian-admin to do so? If yes, how?
> >
> > 3.) Do you think more DSA are needed?
>
> I would like to experiment with "DSA assistants". The idea is that some
> Debian machines could not need special priviledge to operate and are not
> critical to operation, so they could be operated by "DSA assistants"
> which would have much less priviledges. This could reduce the work on
> the DSA and allow Debian to operate more machines, and "DSA assistants"
> could eventually became full DSA once they gather the trust of the DSA
> team. This could also increase transparency as a side effect.

You mean, like the site-admin who maintains the host already?
(i.e. Matt for paer, merulo, gluck; wiggy for klecker; etc.?)

> Alioth is a debian.org machine with a separate set of admin, so there is
> a precedent.

No.  Alioth is not DSA maintained, that's totally different setup.

> Example of non-priviledged services include secondary web services and
> developers accessible port machines with separate accounts.  As an
> aside, I think there should be more developers-accessible port machines.

Why?

For which ports?

Regards,

	Joey

--
MIME - broken solution for a broken design.  -- Ralf Baechle