Re: Questions to candidates Towns and van Wolffelaar: debian-volatile

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 10:22:54PM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> 2.) Do you think this services should be made an official service of the
>     debian project? Please give a reason for your answer.

I like to think of debian.net as an area where we experiment for things that
might or might not become debian.org later. The main reason to keep something
as debian.net on an ongoing basis (rather than turn it into debian.org) is if
we can't actually support it properly, in which case we should fix that.

> 3.) What do you think about including a volatile section into the main
>     debian archive? (How) can this still be handled by the current
>     volatile team?

I'm not really familiar with that to comment in depth; I suspect the
practical concerns should disappear with the mirror split (but obviously,
we'll need to have another look when that's settled), and I'm not sure
what sort of procedure is actually desired. There's been some ongoing
suggestions about just including volatile stuff in stable updates; it
might make sense to have an SRM team where Joey reviews security updates
and similar things, while someone from the volatile team approves other
updates.

Cheers,
aj