Re: Question to all candidates about stable point releases

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 12:53:56PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 12:18:32AM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> > After following the thread on here on -vote, I have the impression that
> > this fixes something that's not a problem - as it doesn't reduce the
> > work needed to be done by the ftp-team, which seems to be the current
> > bottleneck.
>
> *shrug* I guess you've got a right to your own impression. Mine differs,
> and I think I've got more to base it on than you do

May I suggest giving out more information to leverage your advantage
of knowledge so that people could make their own informed judgment.
Currently, you are on your best ftpmaster-cabal trail which I suspect
will not get you rated above NOTA in a ballot.

> What do you want me to say?

In ideal, the expected wording would be "We're sorry that ftpmaster
has been an issue for Debian in the last five years, and we're working
on this by both improving technical and administrative processes and
searching for two more team members". But I of course know that this
is wishful thinking.

Greetings
Marc