Re: Question for all candidates: what mistake will you _not_ make?

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 02:13:42PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During DPL campaigning, it seems "in" for candidates to propose all
> sorts of Great Things they will try to do once elected. While this is
> obviously all interesting information, it leaves out something that, I
> think, is also fairly important: the things you think previous DPLs have
> done wrongly, and that you intend to do differently.
>
> So, my question: please name anyth behaviour or act you've observed with
> previous DPLs (naming the name of the respective DPL is not required)
> that you think was a mistake, and which you will try not to make during
> your term?

Some DPL did not made quite enough status update. I think it is
important to make monthly status update about every problems you are
working on, even if you have nothing final to report.

This relieve the others developers of the frustration of waiting for events
without any way to make them happen. At least they know something is
happening and thus are more patient. This reduce tension in the project.

That is in part why I proposed to experiment with "observers".
Certainly I would try to have someone taking care I do monthly status
update.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.