Re: Question for all candidates: what mistake will you _not_ make?

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 02:13:42PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> So, my question: please name anyth behaviour or act you've observed with
> previous DPLs (naming the name of the respective DPL is not required)
> that you think was a mistake, and which you will try not to make during
> your term?

I think I answered that as part of my reply to Steve's questions on past DPLs.
I'll just quote it:

] One thing [Bruce] didn't do well was accept that on some of them, -- such
] as switching to the rpm format -- no one was really interested. I think
] that sort of active leadership is really important, but it's not the
] sort of thing that can come from just the DPL, and it's not the sort of
] thing that can happen by force, or to the exclusion of other approaches.

I pick that one rather than some others because I am inclined to act
like that, (or in ways that appear to be like that), and noting it here
should serve as a good reminder should I need it in future.

Cheers,
aj