Re: Question to all candidates about stable point releases

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Mar 2006, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > > It seemed obvious to me. If uploads to s-p-u are blocked for approval by
> > > the SRM, this needs to happen just after a point release so that s-p-u is empty
> > > to start with the new system (probably because once a package is in s-p-u,
> > > there's no easy way to remove it and removing manually doesn't make much sense).
> >
> > And what is the problem to introduce that with 3.1r3 or even 3.1r4?
>
> There's none apart of requiring again work from ftpmasters the next time.
> And since good programmers are lazy ... :-))
>
> Anwyay it looks like aj is ready to implement it now, so I don't see why
> Joey would refuse that. But the relation between aj and Joey are quite
> complicated [1], and maybe aj is trying to get the required input now by
> postponing the stable release so that Joey has a good reason to reply.

I don't object to these changes.  I'd be stupid if I did.

However, still there's no perspective *when* the next stable update
may happen, and ftpmasters able to implmeent have still not answered.
I also don't remember any ftp master saying that this change is a
pre-dependency (I don't remember aj wrote that, but I'd have to
check to be sure).

Regards,

	Joey

--
Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a good idea.